7 things you WON'T miss about alcohol
Who said you can't be proud to be a quitter?
We're officially in October meaning it's nearly Halloween, only TWO months until Christmas and also the return of Go Sober for October.
Going sober encourages you to go booze-free for all 31 days of October to raise money for Macmillan. After a boozy Freshers Week, this could be exactly the detox you need.
Here are just some of the benefits and things you definitely won't miss:
1. The most obvious but important one, you'll save yourself a lot of money! It's no secret how expensive alcohol can be so 31 days without it will make your bank account look a lot healthier.
2. Nobody enjoys waking up after a night out with no memory of what they did even though everyone is telling you, "you were hilarious last night" - cringe.
3. Can you imagine a whole month hangover free? You will wake up feeling fresh as a daisy whilst the rest of your mates are hibernating in bed all day and feeling pretty rough.
4. Now that you aren't drunk at the end of the night, you won't be at all interested in a greasy kebab on the way home. Instead, you can just go home to your cosy bed and eat a nice breakfast in the morning.
5. Nobody likes getting alcohol stains on your clothes from spending too much time around drunk people. The time when someone dropped a blue WKD on your favourite top is still a touchy subject. Maybe miss the club night this week!
6. Alcohol isn't the healthiest drink in the world so after you've indulged in a bit too much, being out of breath after the tiniest bit of exercise isn't great.
7. No more drunk-dialling your ex - now that's a relief. It's a stupid thing we always think is a good idea when we've had a drink but you can't imagine worse than doing it sober.
Where do we sign up? It isn't too late to get involved, head to the Go Sober for October website.
- Read Next
- EVENT - Online Games Night EVENT - Halloween Minute to Win It EVENT - Wolfson's Fang-Tastic Feast Halls Halloween Costume Contest My first weeks at UofG! Get Involved with Glasgow Student Events Office Hour at the Residences KHR Weekly Update (23 October) Join the conversation on Glasgow’s Transport Future! Queen Margaret Residences Weekly Update (23 October)
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences Murano Street Student Village 10 ways to make halls feel like home Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery