Covid-19: If you experience symptoms
I am experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, what should I do?
If you should develop Covid-19 symptoms, however mild, you should remain in your accommodation and:
- Notify your flatmates and local site reception to let them know that you have symptoms and that your household will need to isolate.
- Arrange to be tested at the first possible opportunity by visiting the NHS Inform website.
- Register your illness on the UofG Helpdesk COVID-19 report tool
You shouldn't leave your accommodation for any reason other than to attend for a test and do your best to minimise contact with others in your ‘household’. Remember that all other members of your ‘household’ will also be required to quarantine for 14 days, unless you subsequently get a negative test result.
The definition of ‘household’ will depend upon your accommodation but would normally include those students living in the same ‘clusterflat’ as you, or those on the same floor who share cooking or washing facilities, or both. If you are unsure who is in your 'household' you can contact your residence site team and they'll give you all the information.
We'll be here to help
If you should have to isolate remember that we'll be here to support you so make sure that you stay in touch with your site team and Living Support teams for the latest guidance and advice.
For more information and updated guidance about self-diagnosing COVID-19, accessing testing, reporting cases and advice on self-isolation you can also visit the University's Symptoms, Testing and Reporting web page.
- Read Next
- EVENT - Online Games Night EVENT - Halloween Minute to Win It EVENT - Wolfson's Fang-Tastic Feast Halls Halloween Costume Contest My first weeks at UofG! Get Involved with Glasgow Student Events Office Hour at the Residences KHR Weekly Update (23 October) Join the conversation on Glasgow’s Transport Future! Queen Margaret Residences Weekly Update (23 October)
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences Murano Street Student Village 10 ways to make halls feel like home Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery