Join the Living Support Team - RECRUITING NOW
We are recruiting additional Living Support Assistants to join our team for the 2020-2021 academic session, starting immediately, as well as for 2021-2022.
The role would suit someone already living in a UofG residence, or someone who is available to move in as soon as possible. First years with relevant experience, returning students and postgrads welcome.
What is a Living Support Assistant?
We have an article all about who the Living Support Team are and what they do here.
What are the benefits?
There are a number of fantastic benefits to joining the Living Support Team:
Significant rent rebate
- 60% rent rebate of a standard room, including bills, for Living Support Assistants, rising to a 100% rebate of a standard room for Senior Living Support Assistants.
High standard living conditions
- You'll be staying in well maintained accommodation designed for students, with off-street parking, security, high speed internet, and 24 hour site staff who can assist with a wide range of issues,
- No need to find a flatmate to share a private rented flat with as flatmates are allocated for you,
- Dedicated staff flats for Senior Living Support Assistants.
Extensive transferable training provided
- Free extensive training provided in mental and physical health responding, dispute resolution, event organising, and more,
- First Aid training and Mental Health First Aid training and certification provided,
- Gain a wealth of transferable skills such as working as part of a team, communication and interpersonal skills, prioritisation and organisational skills, etc.
A great opportunity for career development
- An interesting and valuable role to have on your CV, which will help you to stand out from other candidates,
- Great opportunity for those who want a career that involves supporting others (mental and physical health professions, education, HE services, etc.), to develop skills relevant to those roles,
- HEAR accredited, meaning the role appears on your University transcript.
A rewarding and social position
- Many opportunities to meet new people and develop your social skills,
- An important and rewarding role where you have the chance to help people and make an impact on the lives of your fellow students,
- Great to be more involved in the vibrant UofG community,
- Develop more confidence in your abilities and learn to think of your feet in challenging circumstances.
A flexible role specifically tailored for students
- A part-time role specifically designed to fit around student life and sensitive to the demands of being a student.
Am I right for the role?
We are looking for people who would made good role models for new students of the university.
If you are:
- Passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of other students,
- A keen 'people person' who gets along well with their peers,
- Able to work as part of a team and independently using your own initiative,
- Able to confront other people's poor behaviour in a constructive manner,
- Hard working and committed to developing your skills,
then you may be just the right person for a Living Support role!
This role would ideally suit students with previous experience of living in university accommodation, or people with previous leadership experience such as school prefects, paired readers, guide and scout leaders, carers, etc.
To qualify for a current Living Support role you must be a University of Glasgow student or staff member for the 2020-2021 academic session. If you would like to apply for a role in the 2021-2022 session you will need to be matriculated that year.
You do not need to meet the requirements for an accommodation application, meaning students who reside in Glasgow city who would normally not be offered a room, as well as students in senior years of their degrees are eligible.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying to become a member of the living support staff, please read the Living Support Assistant Job Description and complete a Living Support Assistant Application Form 2021.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting an application form is 22nd March 2021, with interviews being held online in April.
- Read Next
- EVENT - Online Treasure Hunt Student Apartments and Lister House Weekly Update (5 March) Armins blog: Getting creative with your days Queen Margaret Residences Weekly Update (24 February) Maclay Residences 360˚ Virtual Tour Queen Margaret Residence 360˚ Virtual Tour Murano Street 360˚ Virtual Tour Murano Street Book Club Who are the Living Support Team? - RECRUITING NOW How I've been spending lockdown in halls
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Applications for 2021/2022 now open! Murano Street Student Village Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery