Things you should know following the HMO…
A few recurring issues were highlighted in the recent HMO inspections. Here’s what you need to know:
Did you realise that if you don’t clean the cooker that grease, oil and other spilled food build-ups can cause smoke which may activate the fire alarm? No-one wants to have to evacuate the building especially in winter!
We’re still finding adaptors that don’t meet the standards we need to meet the fire regulations. All adaptors must be fitted with a fuse. NB Did you know you can collect a fused adaptor from the office? So there’s no need to fork out for a new one but please check any adaptors you are using.
Do you ever leave your charger plugged in even when you’re not charging anything? Please stop! It may only be a small waste of electricity but it’s a fire hazard. So is leaving any other electrical equipment switched on and unattended, particularly on top of combustible material like bedding or clothes. Don’t do it! Electrical equipment can overheat and cause a fire.
Thanks and have a safe vacation!
- Read Next
- Big Belly Catering @ Murano Street (Sunday 27 September) Additional support for students in UofG residences A Weekend of Zoom from your Room - New Events Added Student Apartments and Lister House Weekly Update (18th September) Morrison's Doorstop Deliveries for Isolating Students Self-Isolation Support Covid-19: If you experience symptoms How to pay your Accommodation Fees Staying Safe at UofG Protect Scotland App now available
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences Murano Street Student Village 10 ways to make halls feel like home Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery