Walking Guide: Maclay Residences
Walk from Maclay Residences to University South Front
- Distance: 1 mile/1.5 km
- Steps: 2210
- Time: 23 min (medium walking speed)
- Calories: Uses 112 Cal
- From the exit of the residences turn left into Sandyford Sreet.
- Turn right into Gilbert Street.
- Cross over Yorkhill Street and walk up Haugh Road.
- Cross over Argyle Street and walk up Radnor Street.
- Cross over Sauchiehall Street and walk up Kelvin Way.
- You will cross the river Kelvin and pass the Lister and Lord Kelvin statues on the left hand side.
- Where a path leads into Kelvingrove Park at the left hand side there is also a footpath leading up the hill to the University. Climb up the stairs on this path to arrive at the James Watt South Building on the campus. Please note - the pedestrian gate is open from Monday-Friday, 6am to pm. Outwith these times access the campus via Pearce Lodge Gate or Main Gate from University Avenue.
- Turn left to walk along the South Front of the Gilbert Scott Building, the main building of the University.
Download our Walking Guide
- Read Next
- EVENT - Online Games Night EVENT - Halloween Minute to Win It EVENT - Wolfson's Fang-Tastic Feast Halls Halloween Costume Contest My first weeks at UofG! Get Involved with Glasgow Student Events Office Hour at the Residences KHR Weekly Update (23 October) Join the conversation on Glasgow’s Transport Future! Queen Margaret Residences Weekly Update (23 October)
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences Murano Street Student Village 10 ways to make halls feel like home Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery