Do you need a TV licence?
If you bring a television or intend to watch TV on any mobile device connected to a power socket, you must buy a TV licence. The cost of a TV licence is not included in your accommodation fees. Failure to purchase a licence may result in prosecution or a fine.
With a licence you can stay connected to your favourite shows – and feel more connected to your family and friends watching too. You can enjoy:
400+ TV channels as they’re being broadcast
- All the free-to-view channels like ITV, Channel 4, Dave and Sky One.
- Live TV that you watch on any satellite packages or streaming services you might pay for, like Virgin Media, Amazon Prime Video and Now TV.
- Plus, everything on BBC iPlayer.
And you can watch it all on any device.
For further information visit the TV Licensing Website
- Read Next
- Top Laundry Tips from Circuit Welcome to UofG Catering & Events! Your UofGLiving Bulletin (7 February 2024) The SRC Bookshop has gone digital! Meet your ResLife Student Support Officers! February Events at Wolfson February Events at QMR & Lister February Events at KHR February Events at Maclay February Events at Murano Street
- Registering with a doctor Student Apartments 360° Image Gallery Student Apartments Wolfson Hall 360° Image Gallery Your Optify Internet What should I bring to Uni?! E-inductions are now live! Kelvinhaugh Residences FAQs (Cairncross House, Kelvinhaugh Gate, Kelvinhaugh Street) Murano Street 360° Image Gallery Let's Do Laundry