International students: What to bring to uni
So, you've got your place at uni (congrats!) and soon you will be making the big move from home to university in the UK!
But first, have you figured out what you will need to bring with you?
Here are some essentials you'll NEED to remember:
- Medication (you could get this in the UK too) - don't forget you'll also need to register with a doctor when you get here!
- Photos from home
Most other items can be bought once you arrive, which will save you some luggage space:
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Warm clothes
- Sports kit
- Cleaning items
- Kitchen utensils
- Waterproof raincoat, this is Britain after all...
- Coffee, tea, mugs, food
There are also some things that you CAN'T bring to uni, so make sure you take a look at the list below to check what you'll be allowed:
- Rice cookers or chip fryers
- Candles, incense sticks, tea lights
- Smoking equipment, such as pipes and ashtrays
- Dartboards or weapons of any kind (real or replicas - don't bring them)
Now, all that's left to do is to get packing!
- Read Next
- UofGLiving Overnight Guest Procedure Get to know your area: Wolfson Hall Get to know your area: Student Apartments and Thurso Street Get to know your area: Cairncross House, Kelvinhaugh Gate, Kelvinhaugh Street, Kelvin Court and Maclay Residences Get to know your area: Queen Margaret, Winton Drive and Lister House Get to know your area: Murano Street Student Village and Firhill Court UofGLiving: Get to know your area What should I bring to Uni?! Financial Support Funds Clubs and societies at UofG
- Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery Student Apartments Wolfson Hall 360 Degree Image Gallery Optify Internet Support Love your bike? Making a Prepayment Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery UofGLiving Applicant Newsletter