Prevent blocked drains and protect our water cycle
No-one wants a blockage at their flat. It’s a nuisance for you and can cause damage to our environment. Here are some handy hints to keep everything working as it should.
In the kitchen:
- Do not pour fat, oil or grease down the plughole
- Remove leftover bits of food from plates and pots before washing
- You can flush toilet paper down the toilet in the UK.
- Items that should not be flushed include- wipes, sanitary items (tampons, towels etc.), cotton wool, cotton buds, nappies, condoms, bandages or contact lenses.
- Remove hair from the plughole after showering.
If there’s a blockage at your flat please report it as soon as possible so it can be repaired quickly. Remember you can do this online or by emailing or calling the office. Thanks for your help in keeping our water systems running smoothly!
Further advice can be found on the Scottish Water website.
Keep Nessie happy!
- Read Next
- Student Apartments and Lister House Weekly Update (14 May) Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 How prepared are you for your exams? Let's reduce our food waste! Unwanted fire alarm incidents - Did you know? Do you feel safe on campus? Sanctuary Students' Recipes Vol.1 and Vol.2 UofG Sport Weekly Outdoor Workouts UofG Sport Active Lifestyle Programme Store or transport your belongings with Flexistore
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Applications for 2021/2022 now open! Murano Street Student Village Let's reduce our food waste!