Prevent blocked drains and protect our water cycle
No-one wants a blockage at their flat. It’s a nuisance for you and can cause damage to our environment. Here are some handy hints to keep everything working as it should.
In the kitchen:
- Do not pour fat, oil or grease down the plughole
- Remove leftover bits of food from plates and pots before washing
- You can flush toilet paper down the toilet in the UK.
- Items that should not be flushed include- wipes, sanitary items (tampons, towels etc.), cotton wool, cotton buds, nappies, condoms, bandages or contact lenses.
- Remove hair from the plughole after showering.
If there’s a blockage at your flat please report it as soon as possible so it can be repaired quickly. Remember you can do this online or by emailing or calling the office. Thanks for your help in keeping our water systems running smoothly!
Further advice can be found on the Scottish Water website.
Keep Nessie happy!
- Read Next
- Optify Internet Support Register your bike with the police UofGLiving Wee Green Guides Fire Safety & How to Avoid False Fire Activations Let's Do Laundry Weekly Update Student Apartments and Lister House-11th October Cold Weather Hacks Tips for Getting into a Good Sleep Routine Reporting a Maintenance Problem
- 11 ways to make halls feel like home Today's menu in Food for Thought, Fraser Building Looking after your mental wellbeing Today's menu in One A the Square Murano Street 360 Degree Image Gallery